The Five Ways to Wellbeing:
We are committed to developing a strong sense of wellbeing within our pupils. Linked to assemblies and in our family groups, we will refer to the five tenets of wellbeing defined by the NHS as:
- Connect… e.g. build social relationships, spend time with friends and family
- Be active… e.g. engage in regular physical activity
- Take notice… e.g. be mentally “present”, focus on awareness and appreciation
- Keep learning… e.g. maintain curiosity about the world, try new things
- Give… e.g. make a positive contribution to the lives of others
The Five Ways to Wellbeing are a simple and accessible means of communicating the evidence about activities that can improve and maintain mental health and wellbeing. They were created by nef (the new economics foundation) for Foresight, the UK government’s futures think-tank, as part of the Foresight Project on Mental Capital and Wellbeing.
...schools have a responsibility to cultivate the virtues, define and list those they want to prioritise and integrate them into all teaching ....